Monday, September 24, 2012

Concept Thumbnails

1. Sci Fi, Spaceship, Space
I think I need to fill in the background a lot more.  They look plain and when you squirt, there's not enough values, especially not enough black that pops out.

2. Western, Horse, Saloon
Drawing a horse in a saloon takes a lot of creativity.  Obviously, creativity did not stop by this weekend while I was doing these thumbnails.  Again, I don't think I have enough black that pops out.  There's also not enough objects in the background.  

3. Fantasy, Fairy, Forest
Maybe I liked the rules for these thumbnails more but I felt less clueless drawing these.  Of course, they're still not all that great but I was more confident about laying down the black ink.  I also thought about the rule of thirds more here.  

I'm not too proud of these.  I struggled with them a lot.  Oh well, it's better to make mistakes now than later.  I'm still learning!  I think the knowledge from this week's lessons (about camera angles) may have been helped a bit.  




1 comment:

  1. remember to get your horizon line in. That will help block out your perspective. ;)

    ReplyDelete