Sunday, October 14, 2012

Thumbnails & Objects


  1. Huge, Angular, Futuristic, War Torn, Buildings
Fog and smoke engulf the city like a hungry beast.  Metal melt into nothingness.  The only signs of life – or death is that of a cross, placed to commemorate the deceased – someone had to be alive, or once alive to have placed it there.  In the distance, a fire is still not yet extinguished from a recent suicide bombing.  All that is left of the once city are ruins and rubble.  
----
We're supposed to fix up our things from last week but I decided to start over because I didn't like them.  Here I focused more on silhouettes first.  Man, I started out trying to make this kinda of a low level perspective but the scene just makes everything look like it's collapsing xD so I just ended up making it a normal perspective.  I used a ugly green and brownish-orange-red color because I wanted a murky feel.  


  1. Large, Wide, Ancient, Spooky, Tree in Forest
It only makes sense for a dead forest to have a large dead tree.  Its branches guard the makeshift graveyard like gates.  Large gates accompany the lonely tree.  The only way to enter is through the tree itself.  A wolf stands, hesitant on whether to enter or not.  At midnight, reawakened corpse’s hand could be seen popping out of the ground. 
-----
So last week I overly used dark colors, I think that might have dimmed me a bit because I stuck with only the lighter shades and now it looks kinda like there's not enough values?  I had so much trouble with the light/shadow layers we were supposed to use because for some reason they kept making my brushes have transparency so it looks muddy?? o_o??  I used blue and green/turquoise because I was looking at horror movie shots and those were the colors used.  Funny, I am getting a more mysterious, enchanting feeling.  Fail.  




Um, I spent A LOT of time with line weight - too much that I got so tired and didn't do such a good job with shading.  I did this assignment first so this was really nothing serious, I was trying to test the light/shadow masking layers...which I still don't really get.  

Idk, let's bring back some old shading stuff I had to do
^^oh, those cubes are wrong though.  

Err...idk but must move on with life and other homework. 

No comments:

Post a Comment